Welcome to the Pittsburgh Parking Authority's
Residential Parking Permit portal
this web portal, residents are able to apply for, pay for, and manage their
residential parking permits (RPP) without any need to come downtown or mail in
documents. We still process applications via mail for residents who do not use
email and at our walk-in counter. Those residents can use the mail-in and walk-in form. Our
walk-in counter is closed at this time due to COVID-19. For instructions on how to use this web portal, click here or simply click on the "Help" menu item on the left side of the screen at any time. For an interactive map of the City's RPP districts, and to determine whether you live in one, please click here.
cost of the Residential Parking Permit is $20.00 per vehicle per program year
and is not pro-rated for mid-year purchases. The cost to purchase an annual
Visitor Parking Pass is $1.00 per address and is not pro-rated. There is a $3
processing fee for credit card purchases.
The PPA no longer issues physical permits for RPP permits or
We endeavor to review all applications by the end of the next business day. We expect COVID-19 restrictions to delay our processing times. During heavy permitting times in August and September it may take up to four business days to review
permit applications. Please allow us time to review your permit before you
reach out to the office to inquire about your application's status. If you
receive a ticket for parking without an RPP permit while your permit is
awaiting review by Authority staff, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review the ticket.
All permits are tracked by license plate number and enforced
largely by license plate recognition technology. This process helps the PPA
enforce more efficiently and more often in our residential permit zones,
cutting down on illegal parking in these areas and eliminating the possibility
of counterfeit and fraudulent permits.
Documents Required with your RPP Application
To apply for a new RPP permit or to renew an RPP permit, residents and businesses must show:
- Proof of residency (or in the case of a business, occupancy) within a permit zone;
- Proof of vehicle registration, and;
- A current and valid driver's license.
Screenshots and electronic versions of documents are
accepted. Please make sure names, dates, addresses, and plate numbers are
clearly readable in the images before you submit them.
- Proof of Residency (Only one option of residency proof is required):
- Current rental lease, including:
- Applicant's name
- Property address where applicant is applying for the permit (including apartment or unit number)
- Start and end term dates of the lease
- An addendum or renewal form will be accepted with the new term dates and signatures of the applicant and the landlord
- Signatures of the applicant and landlord
Please note: No altered leases will be accepted. You do not have to submit the entire lease, only pages with relevant information.
- Current utility bill:
bill must include the applicant's name and property address where applicant is
applying for the permit.
- You must upload the full page version of the bill, with
the payment tab attached. Screenshots and electronic versions are
accepted. The billing and service
addresses must match.
service address must match the address where you are applying for an RPP
(PWSA/PGH20), sewer, or cell phone bills will not be accepted.
documents or mortgage insurance documents are not accepted as they prove
ownership, but not residency.
- You must submit a notarized letter from the
property owner/ landlord or a sublease agreement. This document must state that
you live there and for how long and who you are subleasing from.
the sublease does not involve the property owner, the agreement must be
- Business Permits:
- This form must be signed and notarized by you and the business owner, in addition to the lease or utility bill.
- Proof of Vehicle Registration
- Current vehicle registration card (View a PA registration card)
titles, registration receipts, and auto insurance documents are not accepted.
vehicle must be registered in the name of the applicant or an immediate
relative with the same last name.
notarized form will be required if the last name on the
registration does not match the applicant's last name. The vehicle must be
registered to an immediate family member [(step) parent, (step) sibling, or grandparent].
- Registrations from outside of Pennsylvania are accepted.
accept current temporary vehicle registrations. Pennsylvania temporary vehicle
registrations, commonly known as pink slips, are valid for 90 days after
purchase of the vehicle.
notarized form will be required if the vehicle is registered in a
business or company name.
notarized form will be required if the vehicle's gross weight is
over 6,000 lbs.
- Driver's License
and valid driver's license or learner's permit (front side only)
out of state driver's license is acceptable.
and valid state issued ID card is accepted if an applicant is only purchasing a
Please note: Only the front side of the driver's license needs to be submitted.
Payment Options for mail in and walk in only:
- If you walk into the office we accept checks, money orders, cash, Visa or MasterCard. The PPA cannot accept a credit card for a transaction of $1.00 or less.
- If you mail into our office we accept checks or money orders. Please do not send cash through the mail.